Main St., North, 5859

“Old Stone House” (limestone) stop on stagecoach line between Rockford and Rockton. In 1956 the old Maynard house was purchased by Mr. & Mrs. Chas. Kowing and converted the barn into “Loft” antiques and gifts. 1839 Henry Maynard came to Winnebago County bought 80 acres on Old State Rd (N Main)

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 2 & Nuggets Jan-Feb 1967