First ad in newspaper as Wm. Bradley, Architect and Builder: May 10, 1856, Rockford Weekly Register-Gazette
George Bradley served an apprenticeship at Architect and Builder in Boston, MA in 1850. Source: Death article, January 14, 1898, Rockford Daily Register-Gazette George Bradley came to Rockford in 1855 according to same article, and constructed over 1000 buildings in Rockford by the time of his death in 1898. His business was succeeded by his son, C.W. Bradley, who had been associated with him in architectural and construction work for 14 years.
Built 7 public schools, Wallach’s Block, Stewart Building, First Lutheran Church, First Congregational Church, Tinker Swiss Cottage, and T.D. Robertson residence. Source: Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, Jan. 14, 1898.
Burial in West Side Cemetery (name changed to Greenwood Cemetery).
Source: Rockford Daily Register-Gazette January 14, 1898