Keye-Mallquist Park

formerly known as Southeast Park

Southeast was purchased in 1911, Budlong subdivision

picnic shelter presumed to be designed in 1920’s by Jesse Barloga

name change to Keye-Mallquist 10/23/1985

named for Francis S. Keye and Allan C. Mallquist who gave 24 acres to Park District

Mallquist also donated $ for renovation of picnic shelter

 

Source: Rockford Park District (Vance Barrie), 2008