St. Anthony of Padua Parish, 1909 – 1984, Diamond Jubilee program

st-anthony-program

st-anthony-program-2

St. Anthony Church

St. Anthony of Padua Parish, 100 years Centennial Celebration 1909-2009, Oct 18, 2008, Giovanni’s Restaurant

Source: unknown

Rev. Maurice J. Bora, Pastor, Res. Anastasius Kuzdral, Rev Ireneus Zmudzki, Rev Rev Edwin Banach

Source: 1950 City Directory
St. Anthony's Church

Source: St. Anthonty of Padua Church cover of The Antonian  R 282.77331 A635d 1909 – 1984

“St. Anthony Parish, Rockford Deanery” by Hazel M. Hyde

Meeting of the Italian congregation in St. James Apr. 12, 1909 Father Marchesano explained to 250 Italian families the reasons for an Italian parish by 1976 there were more than 1,000 Italian families in St. Anthony’s parish St. Anthony church and rectory were completed in 1910. 1910: was a one story church on Ferguson St. second story began in 1915 and was used as a school. need for a serarate building led to erection of a hall in 1919 next to the church 1929: gymnasium was completed On Aug. 18, 1930, new church was dedicated by Bishop Hogan

St. Anthony's Church

Source: Nuggets of History, Spring, 1988

St. Anthony's Church

Source: Northwest Quarterly  Winter 2008-2009 p208