Tinker Swiss Cottage – 1945

Source:  Tinker Cottage, Dewey Dec. R917.733 T49  37 pages, c.1945 [with nice portrait photography of Mary Manny Tinker and Robert Tinker]

 

 

Bradley and Bradley Architects – plus George Bradley obituary

First ad in newspaper as Wm. Bradley, Architect and Builder:  May 10, 1856, Rockford Weekly Register-Gazette

George Bradley served an apprenticeship at Architect and Builder in Boston, MA in 1850. Source: Death article, January 14, 1898, Rockford Daily Register-Gazette  George Bradley came to Rockford in 1855 according to same article, and constructed over 1000 buildings in Rockford by the time of his death in 1898.  His business was succeeded by his son, C.W. Bradley, who had been associated with him in architectural and construction work for 14 years.

Built 7 public schools, Wallach’s Block, Stewart Building, First Lutheran Church, First Congregational Church, Tinker Swiss Cottage, and T.D. Robertson residence.  Source: Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, Jan. 14, 1898.

Burial in West Side Cemetery (name changed to Greenwood Cemetery).

Source: Rockford Daily Register-Gazette January 14, 1898

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“City’s Past Comes Alive from Tinker to Barloga” – 1988

citys-past-comes

Source: Rockford Register Star April 14, 1988

“Tinker Cottage hosts second bluegrass fest” – 1981

Tinker - 1

Source:  Rockford Register Star 7/5/1981

Tinker - 2