Trinity Lutheran Church, 1987 – “Installation celebration marks a new…”

trinity-l-1

Source: Rockford Register Star  10-25-1987

“Zion No. 2 Tops Lutheran League” – 1949, Softball

zion-no-2

Source:  The Rockford Sports News and Entertainment Guide, July 19, 1949

Doris and Russell D. Broman – 2012, 1992 obituaries

Doris abd Russell Broman

Source:  Rockford Register Star February 23, 2012

Russell Broman

Source:  Rockford Register Star August 15, 1992

 

Mattison Machine Works – C. L. Mattison obituary, 1948

MMW - 1

Source: Rockford Register-Republic March 3, 1948

MMW - 2

 

720 No. Rockford Ave. – first occupied 1929

Rockford Ave. has had 3 names: until World War 1 it was Berlin Ave., and north of Rural St., it was called Daniel Ave..

The house was built during 1928.

Most recent sales were in March 1995, June 1996 and Oct. 2000.  The 2000 sale (to 2016) to E. Kirk, Lot 17, Block 006, Highland Heights Subdivision.

720 No. Rockford Ave,

Photo source: Jeff Aulik.

The first resident was Gustav Adolph Rupert Johnson, who was naturalized as a child, with his parents, who came to the United States in 1889.  He bought the house with his wife and they lived in this house until 1953. Rupert was a long time employee of Greenlee Bros.. He also was choir singer and soloist at Trinity Lutheran Church.  The musical programs, such as at holidays, were written up in the newspaper with a list of the songs performed.

The house was very likely a model home for the home and may have had a design sketch in the newspaper or a magazine. An architect, if there was a local one, might be listed on a building permit.

 

 

John Holub – 2016

John Holub_0001

Source: Rockford Register Star Feb. 4, 2016

Messiah Lutheran Church – parsonage 1930

Messiah parsonage

Source:  Rockford Daily Republic July 31, 1930