Schumann Piano Co. – 1927

Source: 1927 McCoy’s Rockford City Directory, p. 133, paid advertisement

State and Wyman, showroom and sales

Schumann Piano Co., W N Van Matre, Jr., president and treasurer; C B McIntosh, vice-president; J D Hurst, sec; factory 915 Fulton Ave., (south side of Fulton Ave.); store manager E H Jackson, West State St. corner Wyman St.  Source: 1927 McCoy’s Rockford City Directory, p. 699

Schumann Piano Co., 1911 – new player piano

Source:  Rockford Republic Oct 28, 1911

The Schumann Piano Co., W N Van Matre jr, president and treasurer; C B McIntosh, vice-president; J D Hurst, secretary; factory 915 Fulton Ave.*; store manager E H Jackson, State corner Wyman St.  Source:  McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1926

*

Schumann Piano Factory

also maker of Schumann Player pianos

Schumann Piano Factory

“It is here that the famous Schumann Pianos, known from coast to coast as pianos of the finest musical quality and greatest durability, are made.  All instruments made in this factory are of the highest quality.  They differ from each other not in quality but in size and design only.  The Schumann Piano Co., W. N. Van Matre, president, also makes the celebrated Schumann Player Piano.  All patents on the Schumann piano are owned by the Schumann Piano Co.”

Source: “The City Of Rockford and Her Men of Affairs,” pub. 1920, p 17.

“Schumann Piano Co., W. N. Van Matre Pres (Lake Bluff, Ill); C. B. McIntosh, V-Pres; W N Van Matre, Jr. Sec-Treas, factory at Fulton and Logan, retail Salesroom at State St. N E corner Wyman St, C. H. Spencer, Manager.

Source: McCoy’s 1920 Rockford City Directory