William Brown Building, 226-228 South Main Street

Source:  1902 Rockford Illinois, Press of Horner Printing Company, Rockford, Illinois, p. 89 and Rockford Register Star, April 22, 2001, p. 31.

The building was completed in 1892 and named after Judge William Brown.  First tenant was the People’s Bank of Rockford.  It still houses the Amcore Bank.  The Grand Army of the Republic found its home in the Brown Building also.

Its Romanesque Revival architectural style is considered very significant and helped to place it on the National Register of Historic Places on Aug. 10, 2000.

 

Guilford High School, 1972 – Seniors, Bowe – Calv

Source: Guilford High School, 1972 Valhalla Yearbook, Seniors Bowe – Calv, page 155

Gordon Geddes, age 7 – 1941

Geddes - 1

Source:  Rockford Morning Star June 11, 1941

Geddes - 2