Source: Rockford Register Star, December, 2019.
Source: Rockford Register Star 12/20/2016
2012 N. Court St.
Born 1907, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Anderson.
Lived most of life in Rockford.
Married Arthur Lego in South Dakota, 1937.
member Third Presbyterian Church
Ulrey Funeral Home – Chapel of the Chimes
Burial at Willwood Burial Park.
Source: Rockford Register Star 1-27-1980
no photo in obituary or on death notice page
Source: Rockford Register Star January 4, 1944
Source: Rockford Register-Star March 11, 1990
74, 1918 N Court St., died Thursday in Rockford Memorial Hospital, was employed 37 years by I.R.S. Gasparini and Oliveri Funeral Home, burial in Willwood Burial Park, Trinity Lutheran Church
Source: Rockford Morning Star 6/12/1970
Frank E. Maynard, lawyer (co-owner/partner Garrett, Maynard and Fell, Attornies) resides Rural Route 9, Harlem Township Source: McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1926
*Frank E. Maynard was killed in car accident Dec. 19, 1964. See death article below.
**Rural Route 9 covered a length of 29.5 miles. The part in Harlem Township was north of Harlem Rd., west to N 2nd St., South of Superior St., East to Rogers St. This was Changed to R R 2 by 1946. Source: Winnebago County Illinois Farm Directory for 1945
Garrett, Maynard and Fell, (co-owners/partners Bruce H Garrett, Frank E. Maynard, Eldred E Fell Attornies) Suite 801-802 Rockford National Bank Building. [208 W State St.]
Source: Rockford Morning Star Dec. 20, 1964
Source: Rockford Register Star, Oct. 4, 2016
Died at his home at 902 North Main Street. Funeral arrangements by Burpee-Wood Funeral Home. Additional information of church involvement and on pallbearers are in other articles. Funeral at Second Congregational Church. Burial at Willwood Burial Park
Born January 31, 1864 near Hillsboro, Illinois. Son of Jacob and Elizabeth Paisley Whitehead.
Survived by two sisters; Mrs. Mattie Harris, Alhambra, CA and Mrs. A. W. Cole, Brookline, MA; a niece, a nephew, 3 grandchildren (also, son, Loren). Preceded in death by his parents, wife, and 2 daughters, Ruth and Grace; 3 brothers, Senator John Whitehead, Janesville, WI, the Reverend Jacob Whitehead, Newport, KY and Charles Whitehead, Rockford, and sister Miss Elizabeth Whitehead.
Went to Hillsboro Academy and later to Beloit College. Came to Rockford in 1886.
First employed by Henry W. Price Glove and Mitten Company before entering real estate business.
Married Emma A. Leach May 19. 1890 who died in 1927
Father and business partner of Loren L. Whitehead, President of the Rockford Board of Education.
Joel B. Whitehead was a former school board member and member of County Board of Supervisors. Was Secretary of Winnebago County Fair Association for 9 years.
While on the County Board of Supervisors, he was Secretary of Building Committee which directed construction of Memorial Hall and was in charge of dedication exercises June 2, 1903 when President Theodore Roosevelt came here.
Early president of the Illinois Association of Real Estate Boards in 1922.
Rockford Real Estate Board’s first president after helping organize it in March 1912.
For 55 years, he was an active member of Second Congregational Church. He was Chairman of a church committee in charge of erecting the present edifice.
He was a charter member and one of the organizers of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce
Helped organize the Winnebago County Historical Society in 1941.
He was a 32nd degree Mason, a member of Freeport consistory, a noble of the Mystic Shrine and was a member of all York rites of the Masonic order. He was Potentate of Tebala Shrine temple in 1928.
Active in the Republican party.
His real estate office in recent years is in the Talcott Building. Never abandoned active work.
Source: Rockford Register Republic 5/28/1943