On the Waterfront, color promotional brochure/card – 2011

Source:  Promotional card/flyer produced through On The Waterfront Inc

 

 

 

Radio Programs, May 1939

Source: Rockford Register-Republic May 11, 1939

“Monster, blimp, Cubs in town for April Fools” – 4/2/1983

monster-1

Source: Rockford Register Star April 2, 1983

monster-2

monster-4

monster-3

 

 

 

 

 

Main St., North, 849

Dr. William H. Fitch, wife Katherine, physician and surgeon, office 304-305 Masonic Temple res. 849 N. Main

Source: 1909 Rockford City Directory

built 1904, Georgian architecture home of late Dr. W.H. Fitch purchased by Lloyd Thomas, WROK manager house fronts on Rock River. Original property of W.T. Robertson. Arthur Hoyne, Chicago architect drew plans for building.

Source: Rockford Register Republic 10/12/1939

1950-1960 resident: Police Sgt. Carl Hartje.

“yielding to the new Whitman St. Bridge”

W.H. Fitch House, 1903 (surgeon, died 1920)

849 N. Main St.

Dr. Fitch’s house, 849 N. Main St. house destroyed to make way for bridge entry

Rockford VFW owned for 3 1/2 years 1946-1950

res. 1939-1938 Dr. Maude Stowall

Source: Rockford Register Republic 4/11/1960 & Rockfordiana: Historic House 2
 

 

KFLV / WROK Towers – 1930

KFLV

Source:  Rockford Sunday Republic June 22, 1930

See also the book “Valley Voices” by John Russell Ghrist, radio broadcasting history of Northern Illinois and NW Indiana, 1910 – 1992, shelved in Local History

Rockford’s radio station, known as KFLV, since early in the days of broadcasting, today was placed under a new set of call letters, WROK.  Dec. 21, 1933