“New Home of YWCA” from Rockford Morning Star March 4, 1906
The new home of the Y.W.C.A. cost $20,000, built from the plans of architect Frank A. Carpenter, general contractor W.H. Cook. Solid brick building with trimmings of Bedford Stone. The brick are laid in the pattern known as Flemish bond. The buildings dimensions are 41 x 78. Floors are all oak and the trim in Georgia pine. The house is heated with steam and wired and piped for illuminating purposes. The roof of slate and dark mortar are well chosen from an aesthetic standpoint.
Source: Rockford Morning Star 3/4/1906
“Directors Named at Y.W.C.A.’s 50th Meeting” met for dinner at the Y and 50th annual meeting, 50th annual meeting Mrs. Harry A Severson, chairman of the golden jubilee observance